Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ableton Push 2 Support
07-31-2017, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2017 10:00 PM by pushuser.)
Ableton Push 2 Support

Hi there,

I just installed Mixbus for the first time and I was pleased to notice that it supports MIDI mapping in addition to support for various control surfaces.

I noticed that Ableton Push 2 shows up in my list of control surfaces, which is great because I own one and would love to use it with Mixbus, yet I'm unable to enable it. I simply can't check the box, and I don't know why.

Can anyone help me figure out how to use my Push 2 control surface with Mixbus? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2018, 09:53 AM
RE: Ableton Push 2 Support
(07-31-2017 10:00 PM)pushuser Wrote:  Hi there,

I just installed Mixbus for the first time and I was pleased to notice that it supports MIDI mapping in addition to support for various control surfaces.

I noticed that Ableton Push 2 shows up in my list of control surfaces, which is great because I own one and would love to use it with Mixbus, yet I'm unable to enable it. I simply can't check the box, and I don't know why.

Can anyone help me figure out how to use my Push 2 control surface with Mixbus? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance!

In 4.3, Ableton Push 2 is configured in MixBus by going to Preferences -> Control Surfaces -> Ableton Push 2. Be sure to select the 'Live Port' in MIDI in/Out and you will immediately see a basic mixer on Push 2's 8 channels.

I might be mistaken but the MixBus Push 2 controller implementation seems somewhat limited. Basic channel strip functionality like Level, Pan, Pan Width, and Sends are covered. Secondary functionality such as Trim, Filters, EQ, and Compression don't appear to be supported yet.

Keep in mind that with the most recent Live 10 push2 implementation, there also seems to be a bug that basically locks up all control surafaces when selecting certain options on the Push 2-- this requires you to shut down MixBus and restart to regain controller functionality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply