Poll: Do you disconnect mixer strips with audio from the Master Bus to specifically assign them to a Mixbus or do you blend both?
I disconnect from Master and send it to a Mixbus only.
I blend both signal paths.
I disconnect, or blend, as needed.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mixing Question
11-14-2017, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017 09:23 PM by joegiampaoli.)
RE: Mixing Question
(11-14-2017 09:17 PM)mamm7215 Wrote:  You need a 3rd option in your poll, blend and/or just Mixbus, depending...

Yes indeed! I tried to add that option after publishing this post and poll but I just can't seem to edit the pollHuh

But I believe that with the answers that people type in explaining their workflow is probably better...

EDIT: Only a global moderator of the PHPBB can do it, if one is reading this and feel like adding that third option that would be nice Smile

Joe Giampaoli
===============
Never tie a ship to a single anchor
nor life to a single hope...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2017, 08:44 AM
OK, I added a new option to the poll.

I also reset the existing votes, because I think some people will change their vote, now that there's a new option.

-Ben
Find all posts by this user
11-15-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 12:58 PM by Frank.)
(11-15-2017 08:44 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote:  OK, I added a new option to the poll.

I also reset the existing votes, because I think some people will change their vote, now that there's a new option.

-Ben

Hmmm an oops ?
My vote is gone :but i cannot vote anymore..

regards

Frank

(11-13-2017 02:18 PM)joegiampaoli Wrote:  Thanks for your feedback! I have never used a physical or real console. So in a real console you have the option to blend both signal paths too?

Sure you can do that : you will need some patch cables most likely. Either via input or via inserts.
I remember patching the kick into two channels : one for low end , other channel for click .

I actually take my analogue experience back to Mixbus. No need for patchcords Pin connections.
Like parallel processing in a channel !!

regards

Frank

Frank W. Kooistra

- Mixbus 4.2 , MixbusMC32 4.2, AD/DA: Focusrite Liquid56, Saffire 26 I/0, Saffire Pro 24 DSP, AVLinux 2017.4.9, UbuntuStudio 17.10, OSX 10.11.6, No Harrison CP-1 Control Pad, TTC-1 Touchpad
Find all posts by this user