Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mixbus v4.3 - FREE Update for Mixbus and Mixbus32C
01-07-2018, 01:25 AM
RE: Mixbus v4.3 - FREE Update for Mixbus and Mixbus32C
Hi
Just testing this now - I really like the 'A' audition tool, but is there any chance it could be updated in future to stop playback if pressed while the transport is running?
Because A plays all (when nothing is selected) I was going to replace my current hardware mapped 'stop/start' button (that currently uses <SPACE>) to the 'A' key - but you can't use this to stop.
If 'A' would stop playback (if running) then this would be helpful (to me - I appreciate others may use it differently)

Paul

Paul

Mixbus 4 on Windows 10
Dell 2720 with Focusrite Solo and AKG K702
https://soundcloud.com/user-795249686
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Soloing issues in 4.3.19?
Anyone having problems with soloing using the new Mixbus 4.3.19 under Windows 10?

I have a mix that was created using 4.2.74 that contains a VCA called "Rhythm", with 7 drum tracks and a bass guitar track assigned to it. When I press the VCA solo button, nothing is soloed. The VCA mute button works just fine, takes the drums and bass right out of the mix. The spill button is working as well, correctly displaying the tracks that are assigned to the VCA. The faders for the assigned tracks also move in unison, as expected.

I then discovered that individual track soloing was not working at all either. I ensured that both solo "Isolate" and "Safe" were unchecked on every track, but still no dice. So, the problem is not isolated to only VCA's.

Following that, I set up a new mix with the same configuration. Exact same problems, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the previous mix.

Also just wanted to note, I wasn't using the new "Audition" feature... I was starting and stopping the transport using the space bar, as usual.

There are posts here suggesting several fixes for this (or similar) soloing issues in previous Mixbus versions, including closing and restarting the session, disabling and re-enabling session monitoring, clicking the solo reset button at the top of the editor, computer reboots etc., but none of those steps solved anything.

Then I started thinking, this was working fine before. So, I uninstalled 4.3.19 and reinstalled 4.2.74. Bingo, everything works perfectly again.

Have I stumbled across a new bug, or is there something else I can check?

Thanks in advance!

Dell XPS-SE-8920 Tower | Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2 GHz | 16GB RAM | SS HDs | Dual Dell UltraSharp 24 InfinityEdge Monitors | Windows 10 | Mixbus 4.3.19
01-10-2018, 08:48 AM
A common problem is the setting in the Monitor section: "SiP Cut": make sure the value is -inf or similar. Not 0. This feature is sometimes called "solo on top" ... it allows some of the un-soloed tracks to bleed through the solo, so you can hear the track in context.

However i don't think that would change if you reverted to v4.2, so you may indeed be seeing a bug. I suggest that you email us the session snapshot file ( the file ending in .ardour ) so we can investigate it.

-Ben
01-10-2018, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2018 04:13 PM by CraigG58.)
@Ben@Harrison:

Well, I just completely uninstalled 4.2.74 and reinstalled 4.3.19 (again). Low and behold, everything regarding soloing is now working, without me touching a thing.

Just to note... Before and after that, I checked "SiP Cut" in the monitor and it was indeed set to -inf dB.

So, all good at the moment. I worked as a programmer for a very large computer company for 32 years, and we had an old saying: "Bugs that go away by themselves usually return the same way". Wink

Hopefully that won't apply in this case. If it does, I'll get that snapshot to you.

One more quick question along these lines... Perhaps this belongs in a different forum, but I thought I'd bring it up while we're on the subject: I tried something a bit different regarding the same VCA. Instead of assigning the 7 individual drum tracks to it, I realized it should really instead be assigned the "Drums" bus (that the 7 drum inputs are being sent to) along with the bass guitar, since that bus also contains a reverb plugin that I want to be able to monitor when the VCA is soloed. But, the only thing that the VCA now solos is the "Drums" bus, and not the bass guitar. Is that normal behavior?

I need to run as I've got a bunch of errands out of the house today, but will get back to playing around with this later. Appreciate your time, thanks again.

Dell XPS-SE-8920 Tower | Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2 GHz | 16GB RAM | SS HDs | Dual Dell UltraSharp 24 InfinityEdge Monitors | Windows 10 | Mixbus 4.3.19